This is the Testing/Development Server.
Content may be incorrect and out of date. go to live site
Pets & Animals

Report a Problem

For a dog attack in progress call 911 immediately!

General Inquiries
For questions, comments or complaints please contact Community Bylaws at 604-276-4345 or use our Customer Feedback form. 

Community Bylaws Department
6911 No. 3 Road
Richmond BC V6Y 2C1

All public complaints are prioritized and investigated at the discretion of the City based on urgency (e.g. public safety). 

Additional Information

Stray or Injured Animals
To report stray, off-leash dogs, or injured animals, please contact the Richmond Animal Protection Society or the numbers below during the designated times:

Richmond Animal Protection Society (RAPS)
Richmond Animal Shelter
12071 No. 5 Road
Richmond BC V7A 4E9

Time Schedule for Calling to Report Stray or Injured Animals
10:00 am - 6:00 pm (Weekdays)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Weekends & Holidays)

Richmond Animal Protection Society

After hours RCMP Non-Emergency 604-278-1212
Cruelty to Animals
To report cruelty related complaints, please contact the BC Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) directly at 604-879-7343.

Dispose of Dead Animals
In the case of dead animals on City Property, please call the RAPS from 10 am to 6 pm weekdays and from 9 am to 5 pm weekends at 604-275-2036. After hours, please call the City's 24 hour call centre at 604-270-8721. Contacts for other locations are as follows:
  • from highway - Mainroad Contracting- 604-271-0337
  • from private property - individual responsibility

Wild Animals on Private Property
The Richmond Animal Protection Society will respond if an animal is injured. Please call 604-275-2036 during business hours (see time schedule above).

For nuisance animals such as skunks, racoons, squirrels or possums you must call a private pest control company for assistance.

For rats and mice call the Health Department at 604-233-3147.

Richmond does not ordinarily have problems with larger wild animals. If you have general questions or concerns regarding wild animals, please call the provincial Wildlife Conservation Officer in Surrey at 604-582-5250.

To report wild animals at large or the feeding of wild animals, please contact BC Wildlife Services at 1-800-663-9453.