Volunteer Management StrategyThe PRCS Volunteer Management Strategy 2007-2012: Building the Volunteer Spirit! was adopted by Council in March 2007. The Strategy’s vision is “Richmond’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services, connecting people with volunteer opportunities; leading and sustaining a strong volunteer spirit.”
The Strategy focuses on five strategic directions:
- Manage volunteers through a technology-based Volunteer Management System.
- Work together with other organizations across Richmond to achieve a synergy and sharing of process, training, tools, costs and volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with other organizations to assist them in building their own capacity to recruit and manage volunteers, without duplicating efforts, but by building a seamless system.
- Raise the profile of volunteers in the community through enhancing recognition programs.
- Develop consistent procedures and standards by centralizing certain activities such as screening, risk management, orientation, evaluation and recognition.