Tours and Delegations
Visitors are Welcome at City Hall and most City Facilities
Submit requests for any of the following:
- Delegation Visits
- Study Tours
- City Hall Tours
Letters of request for a Delegation Visit/Study Tour or City Hall Tour must include the following details:
- Name of individual or organization making the request
- Proposed date of visit /tour
- Where the delegation is from
- Delegates’ names
- Delegates’ titles
- Purpose of visit
- Specific key areas of interest with respect to City of Richmond facilities, operations, departments or programs
- Confirmation that, if required, the delegation will provide its own language interpreter
Please note that if the request is being submitted by a ‘for profit’ organization, the following fees will be charged for accommodating these visits/tours:
- Up to 2 hours - $250 (plus the set room rental fee and GST)
- Half day (2-4 hours) - $500 (plus the set room rental fee and GST)
- One day (over 4 hours) - $1,000 (plus the set room rental fee and GST)
We require that all of the information listed above is received at least four weeks prior to the proposed visit date in order to process the request. Once your request has been submitted, we will check on the availability of speakers to present on your group's topics of interest, and advise if the City is able to accommodate your request.
The City will not issue visa letters or letters of invitation for Visiting Delegation, Study Tour or City Hall Tour requests.
For Visiting Delegation and Study Tour requests, please submit the above information by email to email@example.com .
For City Hall Tour requests, please submit the above information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Richmond reserves the right to decline requests and waive fees where applicable.
Delegations seeking a national perspective may first wish to approach the Government of Canada, Foreign Affairs & International Trade Canada (www.international.gc.ca).
Delegations seeking a provincial perspective may wish to approach the Province of British Columbia, Intergovernmental Affairs Division's Office of International Relations and Protocol (www.protocol.gov.bc.ca).