Children's Party Leader
Reporting to the Community Association Coordinator. The Children’s Party Leader is responsible for the facilitation of children’s parties within a community services setting.
Thompson Community Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide friendly, responsive service.
• Set up games, decorations, necessary supplies and equipment for parties.
• Interact with and engage children.
• Lead age appropriate games and activities.
• Face painting and facilitate crafts.
• Clean up and take down decorations and equipment.
• Attend scheduled meetings.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with staff, parents, children and guests of the party.
• Follow facility protocol for emergency situations.
• Ensure the safety of all individuals participating.
• Ensure the physical environment is safe for children.
• Clean and maintain room and equipment; assess equipment on a regular basis and report damaged items to supervisor.
• Fill out first aid and/or incident report forms.
• Provide evaluation and feedback to supervisor regarding program content.
• Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
• Grade 10 plus 50+ hours of experience working with children or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher)
• Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal record search
• Ability to lift up to 10kg.
• Flexible working hours on Saturdays and Sundays
• Successful candidates must pass a Police Information Check
• Strong organizational, communication, and multi-tasking skills
• Training and/or experience with individuals that require extra support
• Experience working independently or as a leader in a fast-paced environment
• Second language
Hours of Work
• Up to 12 hours per week throughout the year
(hours depend on the amount of rentals requested)
• Weekend work is required
• Hourly wage is dependent on experience and ranges from $11.41 to $11.92.
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 p.m., May 12, 2017 to:
Thompson Community Centre
5151 Granville Avenue
(PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.