Sports Instructor 2
Applications are now being accepted for a variety of Children’s Sports Instructor 2 positions at the West Richmond Community Centre. This position involves the planning, delivery and leadership of inclusive, safe and well managed sport programs, featuring an introduction to a variety of fundamental movements and sports such as Floor Hockey, Soccer, Basketball and T-ball.
West Richmond Community Association
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate sport activities with supporting weekly lesson plans that are creative, flexible and adaptable.
- Responsible for direct supervision, leadership, and support of the Sports Instructor 1 and volunteers.
- Supervise, instruct and build relationships with children in a variety of sport related activities.
- Provide a safe, positive, and well-managed learning environment.
- Teach developmentally appropriate sport specific skills.
- Instruct physical literacy skills based on age and skill level of participants.
- Set-up and clean-up of equipment.
- Grade 11 plus 200+ hours of experience working with children or an equivalent combination of education and experience OR Completion of 1st year university or college and 1 year coaching or instructional experience.
- Program planning for 3-11 years old.
- Ability to break down sport specific skills and fundamentals for variety of abilities.
- Current Standard or Emergency First Aid and CPR C.
- A successful criminal record check.
- NCCP Level 1
- City of Richmond Physical Literacy training
- Hi-Five Training
- Training and/or experience with individuals that require extra support
- Second language
- July – August, Monday to Friday and Saturday
- $15.19 to $16.12/hr. depending on experience and qualifications
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 11:59 p.m., June 26, 2017 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
Danny Ronquillo, Recreation Leader, West Richmond Community Association
9180 No. 1 Road,
Richmond, BC V7E 6L5
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.