Leader III - Outreach Programs
Applications are now being accepted for Leader III – Outreach Programs. This is a supervisory position involving the delivery of inclusive, safe, and well-managed outreach park programs for children in various locations throughout Richmond.
**This outreach position provides programs in a variety of neighbourhood park or residential settings with a focus on increasing physical literacy and social connectedness among children and families.
Successful candidates may be employed by: Thompson, Steveston, City Centre, South Arm, West and East Richmond Community Associations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and organizes all physical activities, games, and crafts for children.
- Assists in the planning, promotion, and implementation of park programs.
- Assists in training and supervision of volunteers.
- Communicates with parents and participants.
- Maintains assigned budget and petty cash.
- Keeps inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Facilitates program and volunteer evaluations.
- Special event support.
- Customer Service.
- Grade 12 plus 650+ hours of supervisor and working experience with children, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B.
- Previous experience working or volunteering with special events or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license. Successful candidates will be required to provide their own transportation to the various locations.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
- Experience working with children that require extra support.
- Second language.
- Experience with cultural diversity.
- Coaching and Leadership experience.
- 20 hours of related childcare courses/workshops.
- 25-35 hours per week
- Duration: July-August
Compensation and Benefits
- Wage: $18.65/hour
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 p.m.,
June 8, 2017 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
9180 No. 1 Road,
Richmond, BC V7E 6L5
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.