Sports Instructor 1 - Table Tennis
Applications are being accepted for the position of part-time Sport Instructor 1. This position is responsible for the leadership and planning of table tennis programs within a community services setting.
West Richmond Community Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate sport activities with supporting weekly lesson plans that are creative, flexible and adaptable.
- Provide a safe, positive, and well-managed learning environment.
- Teach developmentally appropriate table tennis skills.
- Instruct physical literacy skills based on age and skill level of participants.
- Greet parents at the beginning and end of each class and discuss program information.
- Be a positive role model for participants.
- Ensure the safety of all individuals participating.
- Ensure the physical and emotional environment is safe for children.
- Report and document suspected child abuse, endangerment and neglect to supervisor.
- Ensure attendance procedures are followed.
- Clean and maintain room and equipment; assess equipment on a regular basis and report damaged items to supervisor.
- Ensure appropriate set up, take down and maintenance of program room and space.
- Fill out first aid accident/incident report forms.
- Provide evaluation and feedback to supervisor regarding program content.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Completion of Grade 9 and 50 hours of experience working or volunteering with children, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher).
- Police Information Check.
- Coaching and leadership experience.
- NCCP level 1.
- Table Tennis Experience.
- City of Richmond Physical Literacy training.
- Training and/or experience with individuals that require extra support.
- Second language.
- AED training.
- 4-12 hours per week.
Compensation and Benefits
- $13.81-14.65 per hour.
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 26, 2017 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
Brendan Walker, Youth Development Coordinator
9180 No. 1 Road
Richmond, BC V7E 6L5
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.