Reporting to Recreation Leader. The Tennis instructor is responsible for the leadership and planning of tennis programs within a community services setting.
West Richmond Community Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities with supporting weekly lesson plans that are creative, flexible and adaptable.
- Provide a safe, positive well-managed learning environment.
- Greet parents at the beginning and end of each class and discuss program information. Communicate with other staff and volunteers.
- Positive role model for participants.
Safety and Risk Management
- Follow Community Centre and off-site protocol for emergency situations.
- Ensure the safety of all individuals participating.
- Ensure the physical and emotional environment is safe for children.
- Report and document suspected child abuse, endangerment and neglect to supervisor.
- Ensure attendance procedures are followed.
- Assess equipment supplies on a regular basis and report concerns to Supervisors.
- Ensure appropriate set up, take down and maintenance of program space.
- Fill out first aid incident report forms.
- Petty cash management.
- Provide evaluation and feedback to supervisor regarding program content.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to facility.
- Certified Tennis Canada Instructor or a certified Tennis BC Instructor.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching/volunteer experience in a tennis setting.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher).
- Police Information Check.
- NCCP Level 1 Coaching Certificate.
- Coaching and Leadership Experience.
- Physical literacy training.
- Training and/or experience with individuals that require extra support.
- AED training.
- Second language.
- June, Wednesday and Friday, 3:30-5:30PM
- July-August, Monday-Thursday, 9:30-11:30AM and 4:30-6:00PM
Compensation and Benefits
- $17.00 - $25.00 per hour
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 26, 2017 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
Danny Ronquillo, Recreation Leader
9180 No 1 Road
Richmond, BC V7E 6L5
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.