Site Coordinator - Summer Slam
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of onsite activities within the summer slam basketball program. The individual will report to the Program Coordinator and liaise with coaches, parents, staff and related service providers in order to deliver an inclusive and safe community recreation basketball program.
West Richmond Community Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up facility/equipment for safe and efficient operations.
- Attend regular scheduled meetings with supervisors, coaches, referees and site coordinators.
- Communicates with parents, coaches, participants, staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate game results for efficient tracking.
- Monitor games and ensure rules are being followed.
- Provide coverage for official or scorekeeper as required.
- Special event support as needed.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher).
- Strong organizational, communication and public relations skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Flexible schedule.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a police information check.
- Basketball Coaching Certification – NCCP Level 1.
- Previous experience working in a basketball-related environment.
- Relevant post-secondary experience.
- 20 hours/week for approximately 10 weeks (June-August).
- Primarily late afternoon and evening work is required.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 pm, May 19, 2017 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
9180 No 1 Road
Richmond, BC V7E 6L5
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.