Basketball Officials - Summer Slam
The successful candidates will be responsible officiating games in the West Richmond Summer Slam program. The individual will liaise with the Coordinator, coaches, parents, volunteers, staff and related service providers in order to fulfill the goals and objectives of the league.
West Richmond Community Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Officiate youth basketball according to general rules of the sport.
- Be able to adapt to program specific rules and regulations.
- Communicate with children, staff and parents.
- Attend an in-house 3 hour officiating clinic.
- Minimum 15 years of age.
- Knowledge of basketball and the game’s rules and regulations.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a police information check.
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher).
- Reasonable physical condition to be able to work extended periods of time on his/her feet.
- Leadership experience or experience working with children.
- 16 hours/week for 7 weeks (July/August).
- Primarily late afternoon and evening work is required.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Applicant should submit a detailed resume with optional cover letter that reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 5:00 p.m., May 26, 2017 to:
West Richmond Community Centre
9180 No 1 Road
Richmond, BC V7E 6L5
(Adobe PDF or MS Word format only)
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties may be carried out in a City owned facility, however the City is not the Employer for this position
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.